We love working here.
- competitive hourly salary & flexible hybrid work schedule.
- beautiful airy workspace in the Flatiron neighborhood.
- a team that prioritizes quality, artistry & empathy.
- health benefits, 4 weeks of vacation, & education allowance in full time roles.
- being a part of a growing company with new challenges and opportunities.
How to apply
If you have a different set of skills and experiences, but are still interested in working with us, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are a growing team and our roles are expanding all the time.
Senior Client Design Consultant
This is a senior part time or full time role, hybrid remote (NYC).
What you’ll do at Spur
- Work with a wide range of clients conducting phone consultations and conceptualizing new jewelry designs with their heirloom materials.
- Compose written proposals and communicate with clients throughout their projects.
- Develop and maintain long term client relationships.
- Communicate with our production and design teams to execute projects.
- 5+ years of experience in Fine, Designer, or Antique Jewelry.
Reliable (and relatively quiet) phone & high-speed internet access.
Minimum availability of 10 hours per week during business hours Eastern time.
Excellent command of jewelry design and knowledge of common fine jewelry fabrication techniques.
- Ability to fully absorb our aesthetic and accurately suggest ‘on brand’ designs.
- This role can be remote, but will require twice monthly in-person meetings at our NYC studio (covid safety permitting).
You’re experienced in fine jewelry and love working with clients, but are looking for more opportunities to be creative.
- You have a deep appreciation for vintage, antique and estate jewelry.
- You have a growing interest in sustainability and recycling.
- You generally enjoy talking on the phone and are comfortable connecting with new people.
- You’re comfortable and compassionate discussing jewelry with clients around all kinds of milestones, not limited to, but including: death, miscarriage, divorce, and illness.
- You bring experience working with colleagues and clients across identities and cultures.
- You’re a great communicator and confident in your verbal and written correspondence.
You’ve taken a look at our work and align with our overall aesthetic vision.
- You have a collaborative mindset and enjoy working with a team of excellent colleagues.
- You can speak authoritatively about jewelry design and are comfortable making strong suggestions.
- Context, nuance, and details are very important to you.
Experience executing custom projects / knowledge of common pitfalls in custom work.
- Jewelry hand rendering experience.
- Fine Jewelry repairs or repair oversight experience.
- Professional or personal writing experience (fiction, poetry, copy).
- Art or jewelry teaching experience.